POSTMENOPAUSE HORMONE THERAPY IN GILBERT, AZ
After menopause, your body is still going through major hormonal changes. As if going through menopause wasn’t enough punishment to your body and mental health, these symptoms can often continue for years. As specially trained medical professionals, our team at Balance Hormone Center offers unique postmenopause hormone therapy to help you manage your symptoms and enjoy a full and exciting life.
WHAT IS POSTMENOPAUSE?
The postmenopause period follows menopause. In reality, it is often difficult to tell where menopause ends and postmenopause starts. Any problems you may have been experiencing through menopause will likely continue for some time.
Importantly, you don’t need to feel miserable or tired, or lose sleep or an active sex life. You deserve to enjoy your life and feel well. With individualized postmenopause hormone therapy, we can help. Reach out to us for answers to any questions you have about this phase of your life.
POSTMENOPAUSAL WOMEN ARE AT HIGHER RISK OF SOME DISEASES
About a year after your last period, and as you enter your menopausal phase and then the postmenopausal phase, your hormone levels continue to adjust, fluctuate, and affect how your body and mind function. While visible, physical symptoms may not be as dramatic as they were over the past several years, continuing, hormonal changes are having a greater effect on the inside.
Your risk of contracting other illnesses like those listed below, increases due to decreasing estrogen-hormone levels:
- Heart and blood vessel disease: A decreased estrogen level increases your risk of heart disease and clogged arteries. It’s very important to exercise regularly, eat healthy food and keep your weight down. If you have high cholesterol or high blood pressure, managing both will also help you stay healthier.
- Osteoporosis: After menopause, your bones quickly tend to lose density and become weaker and more brittle. Lower estrogen levels mean that if you fall, you are more likely to break or fracture a bone. Postmenopausal women are especially susceptible to hip, wrist and spine fractures.
- Urinary incontinence: Because tissues lose elasticity after menopause, some women suffer with frequent and sudden urges to urinate. It’s very common to have “accidents,” or leak urine when sneezing, coughing or laughing. Urinary tract infections are also more common.
- Sexual function: Because your tissues are dry, you may feel discomfort or have bleeding during intercourse. You may not be as interested in having sex as you were previously because it is uncomfortable or you have a loss of libido.
- Weight gain: When your metabolism slows down, it is much easier to gain weight. A change in diet and exercise routines usually helps you maintain a healthy weight and strong muscles.
Fortunately, there are many ways we can treat these conditions. Postmenopause hormone treatment, combined with lifestyle changes, diet, exercise, and estrogen and non-estrogen based moisturizers, and lubricants can alleviate most problems. We want you to enjoy the best phase of your life with gusto and enthusiasm.
ALL MENOPAUSE STAGES COVERED
YOU DESERVE TO ENJOY A FULL AND EXCITING LIFE
There is no reason why any woman has to suffer through menopause, or during the time that follows it. We provide targeted postmenopause hormone therapy plans designed to help you look and feel your best. We invite you to come in and discuss what our treatments can do to help you enjoy life to its fullest.
As specialists in hormone replacement therapy, we will help you restore the hormone balance in your life. To set up an appointment, please call us at 480-718-9960.