VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY TREATMENT FOR MEN IN ARIZONA
It’s a conundrum. Medical experts tell us to avoid too much sun exposure, especially in our part of the country. Yet, every man needs regular doses of vitamin D, most readily obtained by getting enough sun exposure every day.
Of course, you could take supplements and eat the few foods available that are vitamin D-fortified. But if you fail to take in enough vitamin D every day, you’ll find yourself struggling with some debilitating conditions, including:
- Chronic pain
- Sleep problems (e.g., insomnia, sleep apnea)
- Decreased sex drive
That’s because vitamin D is an essential nutrient your body needs to keep your health in balance. And while it’s called a “vitamin,” it’s actually a hormone your body creates; one that is critical to keeping you feeling good and maintaining a healthy balance in your life.
WHY MEN NEED VITAMIN D
Men suffering from a vitamin D deficiency can experience serious imbalances, resulting in critical, and sometimes even fatal, conditions. Hormonal imbalances can include:
- Parathyroid hormone imbalance. Your parathyroid regulates your body’s ability to regulate calcium. Lower than necessary amounts of vitamin D can lead to your body’s failure to regulate calcium and cause an increase in parathyroid production.
- Pituitary imbalance. Individuals deficient in vitamin D are at greater risk for pituitary tumors, as low levels of vitamin D can lead to abnormal pituitary cell growth.
- Estrogen imbalance. Yes, men require a certain level of estrogen in their bodies, especially as they age. A deficiency in vitamin D can lead to lower estrogen levels. Low estrogen can then lead to higher risk of osteoporosis, along with numerous other health problems.
- Testosterone imbalance. Vitamin D deficiency causes a decrease in testosterone production in men, which can lead to a whole host of health challenges.
CONDITIONS CAUSED BY VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY
If left untreated, a vitamin D deficiency can lead to any of the following health conditions:
- Certain cancers
- Heart disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Periodontal disease
MEN WHO ARE AT-RISK FOR VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY
While anyone can suffer from a vitamin D deficiency, certain men are at greater risk of acquiring the condition, including those who:
- Do not get enough sun exposure every day
- Are elderly
- Live at high altitudes
- Are obese
- Suffer from lactose intolerance or dairy allergies
- Suffer with chronic diseases
- Adhere to a strict vegan diet
MAKE A POWERFUL CHANGE IN YOUR LIFE
If you suspect you’re dealing with a vitamin D deficiency, you should take immediate action. Choose to make a powerful change in your life with bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT). BHRT is a safe and natural way to help return balance to your hormones.
As experienced hormone replacement doctors, we know how to test your vitamin D levels, evaluate your body’s needs, and treat you with proven BHRT techniques. Learn more by contacting our Gilbert, Arizona, medical team today. Schedule an appointment online or call our office today at 480-525-7747.