VITAMIN B12 DEFICIENCY TREATMENT FOR MEN IN ARIZONA
You live a healthy lifestyle. You exercise, eat right, get eight hours of sleep every night…yet, something just isn’t right. Feelings of fatigue, depression, even memory loss plague you. Could the answer be as simple as a Vitamin B12 deficiency?
WHY MEN NEED VITAMIN B12
Vitamin B12 is essential for good health. It makes your DNA, red blood cells, and nerves, and helps regulate your nervous system. It supports the body’s ability to turn food into energy and fight infections. It offers neurological benefits, assists you in maintaining proper eyesight, and helps your body properly digest food. In other words, Vitamin B12 is critical to feeling good and living a healthy life for every man.
What happens if your body doesn’t absorb enough Vitamin B12 every day? Common signs of a Vitamin B12 deficiency include:
- Memory loss
- Shortness of breath
- Digestive issues
- Loss of senses (taste, smell, etc.)
- Fatigue and/or weakness
MEN WHO ARE AT-RISK FOR VITAMIN B12 DEFICIENCY
Certain factors like age, health conditions, and even lifestyle choices can result in a Vitamin B12 deficiency. Men who are most at risk include:
- Vegans/vegetarians. Because Vitamin B12 is found only in animal-based food products, including eggs, milk, meat, fish, poultry, shellfish and cheese, vegans and vegetarians may not take in enough of the necessary nutrients found in B complex vitamins.
- Acid reflux sufferers. Men who suffer with chronic heartburn or acid reflux and who take antacids or other medicine to limit their symptoms are also at risk. The medication cuts down on stomach acid, which is essential to breaking down Vitamin B12, which then allows the body to absorb the essential proteins.
- Men over 50. The older you get, the more likely you are to suffer from a Vitamin B1212 deficiency. That’s because as your body ages, it becomes more difficult for you to absorb enough of B complex vitamins from foods.
- Men who had weight loss surgery. Losing part of your stomach or small intestine means losing part of your ability to break down and absorb Vitamin B12.
- Men with small intestine conditions. Crohn’s disease, celiac disease, or other diseases of the small intestine put men at greater risk for deficiency as they have a harder time absorbing the nutrients found in B complex vitamins.
- Men with immune system disorders. Men who suffer from Grave’s disease and other immune system disorders also have a more difficult time absorbing Vitamin B12.
GET LIFE-CHANGING TREATMENT TODAY
A Vitamin B12 deficiency can come on quickly and, without timely assistance, it can lead to more serious health problems, such as severe neurological or psychiatric conditions.
Fortunately, our experienced doctors at Balance Hormone Center can help with diagnosis and treatment of this condition. We’ll prescribe the life-changing replacement therapy treatment you need to regain your health, alleviate symptoms, and help you find the healthy balance your body needs.
If you are exhibiting symptoms of Vitamin B12 deficiency, contact our Gilbert, Arizona, team today at (480) 896-9462. If you prefer, you can contact us online or schedule your appointment here.