LOW LIBIDO TREATMENT FOR MEN IN ARIZONA
Low libido, or a decreased interest in sexual activity, is often a source of great distress for men. Sound familiar? Know you aren’t alone—as many as 31 percent of men experience the condition.
While low libido can be a difficult issue to talk about, finding its cause and treating it can vastly improve your quality of life.
WHAT CAUSES LOW LIBIDO IN MEN?
While some men have had low sexual desire all their lives, men who notice a sudden onset of low libido should explore the possible reasons why they are suffering from this prevalent type of sexual dysfunction:
- Age: Aging is one of the most common causes of waning sexual desire. Testosterone levels drop as men age, with men typically reporting a difference in their libido between ages 60 and 65. Studies indicate that up to 10 percent of men in their 40s experience low libido, while up to 80 percent of men older than age 70 have lost sexual desire.
- Chronic illness/chronic pain: The physical and psychological effects of debilitating illness and pain can greatly impact sex drive.
- Depression: A common symptom of depression is a lack of interest in activities that a man, at one point, found enjoyable. This can include sex.
- Low testosterone: In men under 50, lower testosterone levels can be an indication of an underlying condition, such as pituitary tumors and HIV infection, or as the result of cancer treatments such as radiation or chemotherapy.
- Medications: Certain medications, such as ACE inhibitors and beta-blockers used to treat blood pressure can have an impact on libido. Some anti-depressants, drugs prescribed for enlarged prostate, medications used to prevent hair loss, antihistamines, medical marijuana, anti-seizure drugs, opioids, and anti-anxiety drugs can also decrease sexual desire.
- Sleep issues: Documented studies indicate men with obstructive sleep apnea experience lower levels of testosterone, leading to decreased sexual desire. Additionally, older men who suffer from lower quality sleep (less than six hours a night, frequent waking, insomnia, inability to get back to sleep once awake) also have decreased testosterone levels.
- Stress: Whether brought on by a job, financial difficulties, relationship issues, or any other life factors, stress can greatly impact a man’s sexual desire.
THE EFFECTS OF LOW LIBIDO
For many men, low libido and decreased sexual desire have an added negative impact on their lives, affecting how they view themselves, and even their relationships. The subsequent effects of low libido can contribute to:
- Diminished sex life
- Relationship strain
- Self-esteem issues
- Erectile Dysfunction
Additionally, some studies suggest low testosterone can also be linked to many of the conditions that lead to erectile dysfunction, including:
- Metabolic syndrome
- Endothelial dysfunction
WHAT CAN YOU DO IF YOU SUFFER FROM LOW LIBIDO?
If you suffer from low libido and low testosterone levels are the cause, there is something you can do about it. Testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) can be an effective solution, increasing testosterone levels and improving your sex drive. TRT is available in many forms:
- Injections and implants
- Mouth patches
Before using TRT, you should first determine that the cause of you low libido condition is related to low testosterone levels and not the result of more serious, underlying conditions.
IS LOW LIBIDO TREATMENT RIGHT FOR YOU?
At Balance Hormone Center, we understand the frustration and concern you feel if you’re suffering from low libido. We offer a range of TRT solutions to help increase your testosterone levels and reclaim your sexual desire.
Contact Balance Hormone Center today to learn more about TRT and if it can help you.