When Should I Start Using Anti-Aging Treatments
There is no magic age at which you should start using anti-aging treatments. For many, the natural aging process really seems to kick in sometime in your 40s, when your hormone levels begin to decline. But, for some, effects from hormone imbalance can be felt at any time. This means the best time to start using anti-aging treatments could be now.
If you’re considering anti-aging treatments, we encourage you to look into whether BHRT (bioidentical hormone replacement therapy) is right for you. Bioidentical hormones are derived from plant estrogens. They are made to be identical in molecular structure to the hormones your body naturally produces.
While BHRT won’t reverse aging, it can help you feel more energetic and youthful, while addressing a host of other uncomfortable or even concerning signs of aging.
Symptoms of Hormone Imbalance
When hormones are out of balance, they can bring about changes in health and wellness that can prove detrimental to a person’s quality of life.
For women, those symptoms may include:
- Lack of energy
- Memory loss and inability to focus
- Weight gain
- Declining sex drive
- Skin and hair changes
- Incapacitating menopause symptoms such as hot flashes, night sweats, and mood swings
For men, those symptoms may include:
- Increased risk of heart disease and diabetes
- Prostrate issues
- Deteriorating mental function
- Reduced libido
- Weight gain
How Is BHRT Administered?
Initially, a physician will determine if there are hormone deficiencies or imbalances based on the results of a physical exam and lab tests. If an imbalance is diagnosed, the medical professional will then determine the best way to deliver anti-aging treatment to the individual patient. These treatments come in the following forms:
- Capsules: Doses can be individualized and adjusted as needed.
- Creams: Hormones are delivered directly into the bloodstream through the skin. Since the amount of cream applied depends on the dosage required, creams are not typically recommended for those needing high doses of hormones.
- Pellets: Pellets are implanted under the skin and release hormones into the body. These are replaced every 3 to 5 months.
The treating physician will help the patient determine the best method of treatment based on the patient’s hormone levels, lifestyle, and preferences.
Anti-Aging Relief With BHRT
While anti-aging treatment results vary from patient to patient, most will begin to feel relief from symptoms in as little as a few weeks or as much as a few months. It’s important to discuss all your options as well as your expectations with a qualified medical professional. If you have questions about BHRT or would like to know if it’s right for you, the physicians at Balance Hormone Center would be happy to meet with you to discuss your options.