Regenerative medicine is an ever-growing field with advancements occurring daily. Due to its focus on restoring the body, regenerative medicine is being used across disciplines, from surgery to wound care and beyond.
The Current Uses of Regenerative Medicine
Doctors are turning to regenerative medicine to treat a wide range of illnesses and conditions, including:
- Orthopedic injuries
- Health conditions such as heart disease, diabetes and COPD
- Multiple sclerosis
Treatment regimens include placental tissue matrix (PTM), hydrodissection, exosome injections, NAD+ injections, stem cell injection and more.
The Future of Regenerative Medicine
These current commercial uses of regenerative medicine are used to support and enhance the body’s natural healing process. Although helpful for individuals struggling with many health conditions and injuries, the future of regenerative medicine goes even further.
Scientists are working on regenerative medicine treatments and techniques that can create brand new organs for transplant, completely cure genetic illnesses, and regenerate physical body tissues damaged by aging and injury, with the potential to result in full recovery.
Recent Regenerative Medicine Success Stories
There have been many recent breakthroughs in regenerative medicine that can give us further insight into the future.
- Regenerating cartilage: An NIBIB-funded tissue engineer recently developed a gel that can be injected in a patient’s knee to help regenerate cartilage.
- Expanding lungs: A baby named Zane recently received surgery to regenerate his lungs while still in the womb, saving his life. By inserting a tiny telescope through the womb and into the baby’s mouth, the surgeon placed a catheter inside the trachea to regenerate and expand Zane’s lungs.
- Improving kidney disease: Regenerative medicine is also being used to try and find new methods of relief for hundreds of patients suffering from kidney disease. NIDDK researchers recently created transplantable tissue to permanently replace kidney function.
- Treating paralysis: In a recent clinical trial, after stem cell injection, a patient with paralysis after a spinal cord injury demonstrated improvement in motor and sensory functions without significant adverse effects.
- Growing hair: Recently, researchers found that platelets spun from a patient’s blood—a therapy called platelet-rich plasma (PRP) —may be able to treat baldness in women.
This is only the beginning. Regenerative medicine’s uses are far beyond what we can imagine. To take advantage of regenerative therapies, you don’t have to wait. Balance Hormone Center offers a wide range of services to help you find relief from pain and other medical conditions.
Take Your Health Back With Regenerative Medicine
Are you ready to take your health back? Regenerative medicine might be a great option for you. To learn more about regenerative medicine therapies, send us a message.