How Does Laser Acne Scar Removal Work?
Acne makes us feel self-conscious and the scarring it leaves behind can be agonizing. If you have tried every topical ointment under the sun and still struggle with visible acne scars, there’s hope with laser treatment.
Laser acne scar removal is an effective laser therapy that reduces the visibility of acne scars and increases collagen production. Erbium YAG lasers create a cool light heat that breaks down scar tissue. This heat destroys the skin cells that cause acne scarring and stimulates the growth of new, fresh skin cells. When new tissue forms, the scar’s color and texture even out and blend in with your surrounding skin.
If you’re feeling self-conscious about your acne scarring, then this treatment might be your solution. Let’s learn what to expect from a laser treatment.
What to Expect From a Laser Acne Scar Treatment
Before your first appointment, you’ll do a bit of preparation. First, avoid sun exposure 1-2 months before your treatment. If your skin is sunburned or has sun damage, you’ll have to postpone your appointment until it’s ready for treatment.
Don’t be afraid to come to your appointment with questions. Inform your physician of your skincare struggles and previous efforts. From there, they can help you decide the best course of treatment, including future maintenance.
Most procedures last from 30 minutes to one hour, depending on the amount of surface area being treated and your skin’s condition. After your appointment, there is minimal to zero recovery time. Many can go about their business right after the appointment or the following morning.
Over the next few weeks, your body’s natural healing response will renew your skin. You may see results in as little as three days, and these gains will increase over several months. You can help your skin’s renewal process by keeping it clean and moisturized and avoiding sun exposure for several days after the appointment.
The Benefits of Laser Acne Scar Removal
Besides getting smoother skin, there are other advantages to choosing laser treatment:
- The procedure is simple and fast: Most treatments are under an hour and require little preparation and aftercare.
- There is little-to-no downtime after treatment: Due to the heat from a cool light, the recovery time is minimal. Many are ready to resume their normal activities the same day or the following day.
- Laser removal is a non-invasive procedure: You won’t have to deal with any needles, injections or tears in your skin. It should be painless, with only some mild discomfort.
- It has minimal and temporary side effects: After the treatment, you may experience swelling or redness, which clears up within a few days or weeks.
- You’ll see almost immediate improvement: You’ll notice improvement within the first three days and continuous improvement over weeks and months.
- It’s effective at minimizing the appearance of scars: Due to increased collagen production and scar tissue reduction, laser treatment produces outstanding results.
Do You Have Scarring From Acne? Call Balance Hormone to Learn About Laser Treatment.
You deserve to feel incredible about your appearance. At Balance Hormone Center, we can help you treat your acne conditions and remove acne scars. Our dedicated physicians are ready to guide you through treatment options and help you feel radiant. To get started, call us today at 480-718-9960 or schedule an appointment.