How Does a Bod Pod Work?
The ratio of body fat to lean body tissue is known as body composition. For those attempting to lose weight, it is a critical factor in long-term success.
Measuring body composition can be performed in several ways. Traditionally, a caliper test (or skin-fold body fat test) or underwater displacement testing were the methods used to determine body composition. But now there is Bod Pod.
Bod Pod has replaced other invasive and less accurate forms of testing to become the gold standard of body composition testing.
Bod Pod is an Air Displacement Plethysmography System (an instrument used for measuring changes in volume within the body) that determines body composition. Using an extremely accurate scale, Bod Pod measures body volume and Thoracic Gas Volume (the volume of gas contained within the chest during plethysmography) to precisely calculate a person’s percentage of body fat and lean tissue.
In other words, this very technical piece of equipment accurately and safely gives you the measurements you need to effectively lose weight. And it does so within two minutes, with printed test results after just five minutes.
What to Expect When Bod Pod Testing
Here’s what to expect if you choose to undergo Bod Pod Testing:
- Wearing a Lycra swimsuit, you will enter the Bod Pod chamber and are seated.
- A medical professional will calibrate the machine and the test will begin.
- For two minutes, the Bod Pod will calculate air displacement within the chamber, measuring your body’s mass, volume, and density.
- Once the test is complete, you will exit the chamber.
- Within five minutes of the beginning of the test, you will receive a printed analysis that informs you of your body’s fat percentages, fat-free percentages, fat mass, fat-free mass, body mass, estimated Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR), Total Energy Expenditure (TEE), and daily activity level.
Using this information, you can track your weight loss progress and accurately tailor your diet and activity levels to reach your weight loss goals.
Effective Weight Loss Starts with Bod Pod
Because Bod Pod is easy, safe, and accurate, it is the preferred method of body composition testing for patients interested in long-term, successful weight loss. Professional athletes, medical research facilities, clinics, nutritionists, fitness centers, and the military also rely on Bod Pod as a tool that can effectively assist people who want to add muscle and decrease fat.
Balance Hormone Center is happy to offer Bod Pod testing to its weight loss patients. For more information, or to schedule your Bod Pod test appointment, call us today at 480-718-9960 or schedule an appointment online.