Does Laser Spider Vein Removal Work?
Spider veins can negatively impact our confidence and cause us embarrassment. These visible blights on our skin are common due to aging, fluctuating hormones or genetics, and they’re tough to conceal.
The good news is you can get rid of those irritating spider veins with laser treatment. This non-invasive procedure targets your veins and makes them disappear. Laser treatment is safe, effective and has minimal discomfort and side effects.
How Laser Spider Vein Removal Works
When you go in for your appointment, you’ll lie down and get comfortable. A topical anesthetic may be applied to minimize any discomfort. Your healthcare professional will use a Spectrum Nd:YAG laser for your treatment.
Light from the laser penetrates your skin and creates heat that’s directed at your spider veins. This heat congeals the blood in the vein, and eventually collapses and seals the vein walls. When this happens, your body breaks down this sealed vein and absorbs it.
After the absorption of the broken-down vein, your body reroutes the blood to healthier veins. The spider veins vanish, giving you even-toned, vibrant skin.
Results to Expect From Laser Treatment
After the treatment, you’re free to go home or resume your day as normal. You may have some swelling or redness where you had the treatment, but that is normal due to your vein walls collapsing and closing. You can expect side effects to go away within 10 days.
It’s possible to see results right after your appointment, but it can take up to eight weeks to notice significant improvement. Your spider veins will change from dark to light over time and eventually disappear.
If one treatment isn’t enough, your care team can help you schedule future appointments spaced several weeks apart. To encourage results, avoid sun exposure and apply a recommended sunscreen for a week after the appointment.
While laser treatment is effective at diminishing spider veins, it doesn’t prevent us from aging. Over time, new spider veins may show up, which you can treat at future laser therapy appointments.
The Benefits of Laser Spider Vein Removal
There are major perks to treating your spider veins with laser therapy:
- Treatment is quick and easy: The procedure is fast and typically takes under an hour. All you have to do is lie down and let the physician and your body do the work.
- Minimal discomfort and side effects: Laser treatment should never be painful, and the discomfort is mild. Any side effects subside within a few weeks.
- It’s effective and safe: While the procedure doesn’t prevent new spider veins from appearing, it does help eradicate your current spider veins. It’s also non-invasive and doesn’t damage any surrounding tissue.
- Little to no recovery time: After your appointment, you won’t be hindered from participating in your regular activities.
- Experience immediate results: You may see results within 2-8 weeks, and some even experience results right after their appointment.
Ready to Make Spider Veins Disappear? Make an Appointment With Balance Hormone.
Do you feel self-conscious about wearing shorts or struggle to cover up your spider veins? Balance Hormone Center can help. Our trained professionals are invested in helping you achieve a positive self-image. See if you’re a candidate by calling us today at 480-718-9960 or schedule an appointment.